Applicants: Please read the DML Position Descriptions prior to completing the online application.
DML Position Descriptions »
Major(s) and Minor(s):
Your Salient Identities (e.g. student, Latin@, working class, first generation, etc.):
Are you Work-Study eligible? yes no
Are you planning to study away next academic year? yes no
If yes, when?
We have 11 spaces available for residency in the Cultural House.
Are you interested in living in the C-House this next academic year? yes no
If yes, briefly describe your interest in and commitment to living in this intentional community.
1. Why are you interested in working in the DML? What do you hope to learn from this experience? What do you hope to contribute?
Please rank (1-4, with 1 being the highest) the positions you are interested in working.
Please answer the following essay questions for your top 2 ranked positions only.
1. What qualities do you possess that will help you to be an effective manager of the Cultural House?
2. What do you think will be the most difficult challenges you will encounter as a house manager, especially as it relates to affirming the vision and goals, and enforcing the policies of the Cultural House?
1. What excites you about working in the DML? How would you expand our mission if you were on staff?
2. Please describe two experiences you have had with program planning and event coordination. What do you think are the necessary components of a successful program, and how would you measure "success"?
3. Please provide two examples of when you had to facilitate a conversation or a meeting. Describe what the experiences were like, the success of your facilitation, and the lessons you learned.
1. What experiences/skills/qualities in marketing and social media do you bring to this position?
2. What is the biggest mistake you made on social media and how did you fix it?
3. Re-write two postings from the DML FB event stories that you think would help boost attendance and create better visibility.
1. What do you think is the role of a mentor? What qualities do you possess that would make you a good mentor?
2. What are your academic strengths and challenges? How do you plan to support your mentees in developing the appropriate academic skills to be successful at Macalester?
3. What have been the biggest challenges you have had adjusting to Macalester College? How did you overcome those challenges? What advice would you provide your mentees if they encounter similar situations?
1600 Grand Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55105,
Contact us | Employment Opportunities | Notice of Non-Discrimination | Student Consumer Information | Title IX
© 2015 Macalester College