Applicants: Please read the DML Position Descriptions prior to completing the online application.
DML Position Descriptions »
Best Phone Number to Contact You:
Names of 2 Staff/Faculty References:
Please rank (1-4, with 1 being the highest) the areas in which you are interested in working:
Do you plan to study abroad next academic year? yes no
If yes, when?
Please check the comment that applies to your residential preference:
There are 11 spaces available for residency in the Cultural House. Please indicate your level of interest.
I am interested in living in the Cultural House.
Please briefly describe your interest in and commitment to living in this intentional community.
I am not interested in living in the Cultural House.
All applicants must complete the following essay questions.
1. Explain why you are interested in working in the Department of Multicultural Life. What do you hope to learn from this experience? What do you hope to contribute?
2. Please describe your understanding of the meaning and importance of the Department of Multicultural Life and its programs, staff, and spaces (i.e., the Lealtad-Suzuki Center, Cultural House).
Please answer the following essay questions for your top 2 ranked positions.
1. What qualities do you possess that will help you to be an effective manager of the Cultural House?
2. What do you think will be the most difficult challenges you will encounter as a house manager, especially as it relates to affirming the vision and goals, and enforcing the policies of the Cultural House?
1. Which LSC and C-House programs excite you the most, and why? How would you expand these programs if you were on staff?
2. Please describe two experiences you have had with program planning and event coordination. What do you think are the necessary components of a successful program, and how would you measure "success"?
3. Please provide two examples of when you had to facilitate a conversation or a meeting. Describe what the experiences were like, the success of your facilitation, and the lessons you learned.
1. What do you think is the role of a mentor? What qualities do you possess that would make you a good mentor?
2. What are your academic strengths and challenges? How do you plan to support your mentees in developing the appropriate academic skills to be successful at Macalester?
3. What have been the biggest challenges you have had adjusting to Macalester College? How did you overcome those challenges? What advice would you provide your mentees if they encounter similar situations?
Macalester College · 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105 USA · 651-696-6000
Comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org